Your business website is costing you clients.
But not because you don’t have the right fancy template, theme, or plugin.
Your website is costing you clients because you don’t have the right process.
You’re great at what you do, don’t get me wrong. But the sales, marketing, bookkeeping, invoicing, onboarding, offboarding, and client care?
Kind of a sh!tshow.
If you’ve cobbled together your website because you’ve cobbled together your business, you’re flushing opportunities down the drain…
You don’t know what to put on your about page, so you use part of the resume you wrote in high school.
You’re freaked out by impostor syndrome so you don’t list your services, pricing, or portfolio.
You bought a website template a few years ago but it doesn’t feel “on brand” and you don’t know how to fix it without burning down the Internet.
You do have a couple options…
Do It Yourself
and spend 3 years building your website and still not get it looking the way you want.
Use Social Media Instead
and cry when The Almighty Algorithm changes so that you have to pay to get in front of your audience.
Hire a Designer
and spend the rest of your life paying them to update your website (not to mention paying off your design fee).
Or you can take control of your website (and your business) in just twelve weeks.
Course Outline – starting March 1
Week 1: Introduction & Housekeeping
Learning Objective: Define goals for their business, website, and this incubator. Set up technical essentials.
- Exercise 1: Organizing Course Materials
- Exercise 2: Death and Life List
- Exercise 3: Hosting, Domain, and Theme Setup
Weeks 2 and 3: Brand Identity
Learning Objective: Create brand identity assets including title, tagline, basic value proposition, logo, color and font palette.
- Exercise 1: Personality Tests and Fascination Advantage
- Exercise 2: What Do You Really Do? Clarifying Skills, Services, and Benefits
- Exercise 3: Your About Page
Weeks 4 and 5: Services & Pricing
Learning Objective: Establish service menu and basic pricing model.
- Exercise 1: Business Budgeting
- Exercise 2: Setting Your Baseline Hourly Rate
- Exercise 3: Three Tiers of Service
- Exercise 4: Building Your Services Page
Weeks 6: Portfolio & Testimonials
Learning Objective: Curate assets needed to present your work and create a gallery of your work.
- Exercise 1: How to Present Your Work: Features vs. Benefits
- Exercise 2: Collecting Useful Testimonials
- Exercise 3: Building Your Portfolio
Week 7 and 8: Workflow & Client Management
Learning Objective: Understand and explain your own working process.
- Exercise 1: Process Packet
- Exercise 2: Welcome Packet
- Exercise 3: Contracts, Invoices, and Forms
Week 9: Contact & Booking
Learning Objective: Write lead capture forms that provide useful information for the booking process.
- Exercise 1: The Importance of Client Fit
- Exercise 2: Building Your Lead Capture Forms
Weeks 10, 11, and 12: Putting It All Together
Learning Objective: Finish your homepage with all the elements needed to attract and educate your perfect clients.
- Exercise 1: Navigation Menu
- Exercise 2: Header and Footer
- Exercise 3: Page Sections
- Exercise 4: Walk of Fame
Working with Jennifer was an absolute dream. She started the conversation not with the nuts and bolts of the website, as I was expecting, but with how the website fit into the organization as a whole. The questions she asked gave me a deeper appreciation of what the website could become, and it gave her inspiration to build things for us that I could not have imagined.
It’s time to glow up your business and show impostor syndrome who’s boss.
Business Website Accelerator
- Weekly live video lessons (with transcripts and recordings)
- Community discussion board
- Live AMA sessions
- Lifetime access to course materials
- Lifetime use of Divi Theme, Monarch and Bloom plugins
- Discounted day rates on web design or copywriting for 6 months after the end of the program
- Not included: domain name and hosting costs
- Not included: e-commerce, CRM, or payment processor setup
(You will receive an invoice after your application is accepted.)
What could your site look like?
Click to open live sites in a new window!
Frequently Asked Questions
How much time will this actually take?
I know many of you are building businesses alongside other jobs, school, and caring for family. I am too! I’ll try to keep lesson time under 2 hours per week. (Feel free to watch the videos on 1.5X speed!) You’ll want to budget 3-5 hours per week for the assignments.
Will I be able to work ahead?
Maybe. The curriculum is already planned for the entire accelerator but I also want to be responsive to everyone’s specific needs. I might make some adjustments along the way so I don’t want to get too far ahead of myself in creating content. And a good part of the value in this accelerator comes from working alongside others to get feedback, support, and accountability. If you find yourself needing to work on a specific module before we get to it (i.e. if a client is asking specifically about your pricing or process), let me know and I’ll try to help.
What if I don't want to use WordPress?
That’s fine! If you’re fond of Squarespace or other website builders, you can still benefit from the business lessons. I will not be able to provide design or technical support for Squarespace, Wix, or other non-Wordpress platforms. You also will not be able to use the theme or plugins included in the accelerator.
What if my business is in great shape and I only need help with designing and building a website?
That’s awesome! Feel free to follow along with the business-building modules to refresh your processes. (It never hurts to take another look every once in a while.) The web design tutorials will be incorporated throughout the accelerator. I am also available on a limited basis for done-for-you website projects, which start at $3,500.
What if I'm just getting started with my business?
Honestly, this could be the best time for you to go through the accelerator…then you won’t have any bad habits to undo! I would say to be the most successful, you need a clear idea of what kind of service you want to provide and some experience working with clients under your belt, even if it wasn’t paid. That could be volunteer work, projects you did in school (where the instructor was your “client”), service trades, or spec work. If you just have an idea but not much experience actually doing the work, I suggest booking a 15-minute call with me to see if the program will be a good fit for you.
What if I already have a logo and branding?
Your brand identity goes way beyond your logo and colors! But if you have a logo and branding that you love, feel free to keep them or give them a little refresh.
Who is this Auntie character, anyway?
For those who don’t know me, my name is Jennifer Duann Fultz, frequently known as JDF, because who has time for my whole legal name?
I’m a serial auntiepreneur on a mission to make space in the world for creative and unconventional Asian Americans.
I’ve tried my hand at a wide variety of creative services in my time, including but not limited to: wedding and portrait photography, content marketing, copywriting, email marketing, document design, branding, web design, and several ill-fated forays into direct sales
It took me about five years to get truly profitable. Now I work part-time by choice and bring home as much or more than I did in any of my full-time jobs.
Some other things you might want to know before you spend twelve weeks with me:
- I have lots of opinions and zero filter.
- My knowledge of pop culture is firmly fossilized at the year 2005 and I have no intention of changing that.
- I spend the majority of my time talking to someone less than three feet tall, so if I occasionally can’t speak like a grown-up, please forgive me. I also use all my swear words on the Internet to avoid using them in front of the tiny human, so forgive me for that too.
Still on the fence?
Let’s talk about it. Book a no-obligation 15-minute call with me to go over specific questions and to see if Auntie’s accelerator can help you reach your goals!